My friend Courtney at "You Are What You Love" has awarded me this fabulous Liebster award. I know it's fabulous, because she said so, and she has fabulous taste. The Liebster is an "award given to up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers who deserve some recognition and support to keep on blogging." Apparently the name is German for dearest. This award comes with rules ... sounds like a chain letter right? Each person awarded must:
Friday, October 19, 2012
1. post 11 facts about themselves.
2. Answer the 11 questions the nominator has set for them.
3. Choose five bloggers to nominate.
4. Create 11 more questions for the bloggers they will nominate.
5. Let the lucky bloggers know.
Eleven Things About Me
1. My name sounds like Andrea, except with an "ah" sound at the beginning. It doesn't bother me much any more when people say it incorrectly, but it drives my friends and my family crazy.
2. I am a travel sleeper. It doesn't matter what kind of transportation we're talking about, just get us moving and I can fall asleep.
3. Reading is my favorite sport. I love to read novels, but there have been a few biographies I've thoroughly enjoyed, especially Audrey Hepburn.
4. I think political debates are just arguments with "Mom" (the moderator) in the room, and I never can watch more than a few minutes of them.
5. I think of myself as a confident person, but I often pretend I'm talking to children when I'm talking to adults. Children aren't as scary.
6. I have ownership or part ownership in 5 different blogs.
7. I am a chocoholic. People always say that, but I really am. My preferred "poison" is milk chocolate M&M's, which I eat in 3's. Also, there is a way to eat M&M's. Just sayin'.
8. I love meat.
9. My dream is to travel, travel, travel. My top travel dream is the UK.
10. My hands and feet are almost always cold. I keep hot pink mitten/gloves at work so I can stay warmer.
11. I snore. Sorry, Babe!
1. if you could tell your 16 year-old self something, what would it be? Someday Guess Jeans won't seem like such a big deal.
2. what are 3 things that make you most happy right now? Letters from my missionaries, staying busy at work, this amazing fall weather.
3. what is something you're passionate about? Life. I often wish I felt things less keenly. I guess passion is a gift and a curse.
4. what has been your greatest accomplishment? Somehow snagging the best man in the world.
5. what do you think people misunderstand most about you? I think people don't think I have fears, but I often just fake it till I make it.
6. what do you hope to be remembered for? Loving all kids.
7. what was the last song you listened to? "We Are Young" by Fun
8. what was the last movie you watched? Disney's "Up"
9. if you had a life motto what would it be? Hardship happens. Misery is optional. -or- If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.
10. what are your 3 most visited websites (excluding facebook, email, and work websites) Blogs, blogs, and blogs!
11. what is your essential start-the-day-off item? Toothbrush and toothpaste.
Lisa at "Life is for Laughing With Lisa"
Amy at "Two Scoops"
Kayla at "A Waiting Girl"
Jessica at "The Hagloch Diaries"
Carol at "Finding the Silver Lining"
(Much like a chain letter I don't really expect you to do this. But it could be fun.)
My Questions for You
1. If you could only have one thing for dinner for an entire month, what would it be?
2. What is your dream job?
3. What is your favorite holiday and why?
4. What is your earliest memory?
5. What is your favorite book?
6. How do you change your piece of the world?
7. If you could travel for one week with three people who are NOT family, who would it be?
8. Your top three favorite movies.
9. Share one of your life's dreams.
10. Tell about the way one person has changed your life.
11. Oreos: Regular or double-stuff?