Saturday, October 10, 2009

And the Winner Is...


Have you ever felt like you were part of the family, only you're not really? This award was given to me by my sweet friend-who-feels-like-my-sister-but-isn't-really, Amy. Amy had her baby yesterday, did you know? I've been talking for MONTHS about munching on that sweet boy, but when it came right down to it, he was being held by his grandma. And everybody knows that grandmas ALWAYS trump everyone! We'd been visiting for 15 minutes before Amy looked at me funny and said, "Why aren't you munching?" I was so glad to hear those words--they gave me permission to take a turn with Baby Thomas (who, by the way, is beautiful!).
Anyway, back to this prestigious award:
The rules state that I have to answer some questions and then pass this award along to five people (don't do the math or the statistics--it takes away the prestige of this coveted award, and I need to be validated right now, before another grandma trumps me!).
Where is your cell phone? Clipped to my planner. It rarely rings (thanks for thinking of me, Babe!)
Your hair? Surprisingly a huge topic of conversation right now, since I finally invested in a flat iron. (Personally I think everyone's just afraid to say, "Dude! Aundrea! Have you FINALLY lost some weight?!")
Your mother? My hero.
Your father? Smart, handsome, courageous, and the epitome of men, to me.
Your favorite food? Chocolate (which takes us right back to that weight thing again).
Your dream last night? Don't remember.
Your favorite drink? Water. But an occasional Sprite with lime is a great treat.
Your dream/goal? Travel. Lots and lots of travel.
What room are you in? Dining room (where else?).
Your hobby? Tommy munching, singing, reading.
Your fear? Not having enough faith to deal with the hard stuff.
Where do you want to be in 6 years? With Spencer, wherever he is.
Where were you last night? Hospital (Tommy munching), Costa Vida (yummy chicken salad), home in bed (movie watching with my honey).
Something you aren't? Quiet or reserved
Muffins? OK!
Wish list item? Just one? Really? OK, #1 right now is probably a fence for the back yard.
Where did you grow up? In the best home ever, but it moved around a lot.
Last thing you did? Folded laundry.
What are you wearing? Levi's, long-sleeved T, black denim vest, Earrings by Tiffany.
Your TV? Who cares?
Your pets? Bella, the chicken, who looks like a dog.
Your friends? I'm so lucky, there are too many to name!
Your life? Blessed and happy.
Your mood? Happy.
Missing someone? Mom had surgery, so I wish I could go "home" (to my Sacramento home). Spencer's at the temple tonight, and it's always better when he's here. Amy won't come back to work for 6 full weeks. *sigh*
Vehicle? Infiniti G20 named "Buzz" (as in: "To INFINITI and beyond!")
Something you're not wearing? Nylons, for one blessed day a week!
Your favorite store? That would mean I'd have to shop.
Your favorite color? Any color, as long as it's pink.
When was the last time you laughed? Minutes ago.
Last time you cried? About four hours ago.
Your best friend? Spencer
One place that I go over and over? Work, home, Walmart, Macey's, the church.
One person who emails me regularly? Daddy
Favorite place to eat? Olive Garden
I read lots of blogs, and there are people I occasionally blog-stalk. But the next five winners are:
1. Light Refreshments Served. They will never know they won, but I love this blog!
2. Home Is Where You Make It. Thanks for keeping me up-to-date with your life, Jax!
3. Jim & Em & Four of Them. Same, to you, Emily (but I can't link you to hers, because it's private)!
4. Let's Go Fishing! Becky is one of the busiest ladies I know, and I adore her. And her blog is sure to make me laugh. Every time. Love you, Beck!
5. Our Crazy, Fun, Incredible Life With Teenagers! So many bloggers are young mommies, and I love reading their stuff. But T is more where I am with her kids, she's in love with her hubby and kids, she works full time and is just an incredible woman. Thanks for writing, T. I love you and your family.
I have to be honest, my very favorite blog to read is Two Scoops. But there ought to be a no-touch-backs rule in this game (hint, hint!), so I didn't give this to Amy. Plus, she has Tommy--who needs a stinking award?

1 comments:

Jessica and Tim said...

I haven't blog stalked in a while and I've sure missed out on your family. I guess teenagers and sweethearts always keep things hopping. Congrats on Boston and I'm sad for Taylor. Hope things go okay in the end.