Friday, October 23, 2009

Dear...

Dear Sami,

Last night I was at two different craft stores, looking for the supplies to make Christmas ornaments. I have a fun idea, and I hope it turns out as cute as I'm imagining.

Anyway, since you are the one who began this tradition, I started thinking about you. Here are some of my thoughts:

1. Remember when I called you out of the blue to offer to watch your kids? Wow. You had to exercise a lot of faith to lend your most choice "possessions" to a stranger. I still smile each time I think of 6-year-old Raylee's prayers. I knew the names of all the grandmas before I really even knew you! :)

2. People sometimes ask me why Landon (the younger son) is the one who got his dad's name. And each time I think Our friends the Giffords did it just the same as we did. We're soul mates, I'm tellin' ya!

3. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the option to travel. Our trip with your family to Mexico was all that: moments of laughter, moments of dread (and probably tears), spiritual moments, and an entire week of beautiful relaxation. That is one of the most cherished memories I have!

4. How I wish that all of my callings were as special to me as the presidency we shared together!

5. When MaryLou told us about her two sons, and we were all stepping and listening to rock 'n roll and you and I were wiping tears from our eyes I thought, "This is a woman who would understand me." I'm so glad we had a better chance to get to know one another after that.

6. Will you make me some brownies? (Heehee--I had to add that, because you make the best brownies. ever.)

7. I miss you.

And I love you!

Loves,
Aundrea

1 comments:

The CooLeo Giffords said...

Are you surprised at all that you made me cry when I read this during work??

I was thinking back to our Primary Presidency together yesterday, can you believe it has been 12 years? I was pregnant with Lucas and it was right after the program when we were first called. You are right no presidency meeting has ever been as much fun since.

Love and miss you. Sami