Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Little Goodbyes

Remember that job I took a couple of months ago, wherein I was going to be Leland's secretary? And remember that the next week Leland was assigned to work at the Polynesian Cultural Center in Laie, Hawaii? Remember the weeks of doing NOTHING because--as far as HQF in SLC was concerned--Leland was doing nothing? Remember how I was also supposed to support Jared, but he "lives" 9 floors away from me?

Well, my friends, it is time for some little goodbyes:

Goodbye to Leland, who leaves for Hawaii (for three years) this Saturday, but whose last official day at work (in SLC for three years) was yesterday. Incidentally, I will still be Leland's secretary. We will be working via email and shared network drives for the next three years. I'm looking forward to that challenge.

Goodbye to 2LL, as Jared (temporarily) moves to 8. BTW, I emailed Jared yesterday and told him that I thought Karleen should move to 8, too. She'd get a whole lot done, I said. It would be quiet, I said. She would be happy, I said. There's room here, I said. Jared said, hmmmm...

Goodbye to having nothing to do, because Jared is getting me busy with processes--Hooray!

AND--one more:

Goodbye, SLC. I will be visiting San Diego for a few short days. I hope you miss me. I hope you take care of my two Spencers while I'm gone. I hope you don't move directly into summer while I'm gone.

Sometimes goodbyes are a really good thing!

1 comments:

Amy said...

What fun what fun!!!!! (Good luck on ALL of those things....not that I think you'll need luck.....just that I know you will.)