Saturday, August 15, 2009

5K!


Before the race.


During the race.


After the race.
It was raining pretty good when we got to the park to start. It stayed cool through the entire race, but the rain didn't start again till just after we'd crossed the finish line.
I was surprised by how emotional I felt when I finished. We ran at the back of the pack, but I set a personal best time. My official time was 36 minutes and something. According to Spencer's Garmin it was a bit less than that, and I averaged about 11:30 miles.
(The kids were still asleep when we got home.) :)

2 comments:

Amy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! My reader didn't pick this up and I've been checking it all day long, so I'm glad finally decided to just come look here to say WOOT! :) You rock, I love your pink shirt, I love your smile, and I ESPECIALLY love a personal best! Way to go. :)

Christa said...

Way to go! I am so impressed!