Saturday, November 21, 2009

Decidedly NOT Feeling Bah, Humbug!

I admit it. The holidays stress me out. There are a million things that I need to do, but there are too many places I need to BE to get them done. And don't even get me started about the financial cares.

This year I am pulling a bit of a Scarlet: I'll worry about it later.

For now, we're looking forward to having all of Spencer's family over for Thanksgiving. The floors need to be mopped and the groceries need to be purchased and food fixed and the bathrooms need to be cleaned and the entire house could use a thorough dusting. Eh, it will all happen eventually. Probably on Thursday morning.

I finished making my Christmas ornaments today. They look stinkin' cute. I was thinking about a flower on them, but everyone thinks they're great the way they are. So I'm not gonna worry about it.

Some of our family gifts are finished: Bert and Ruth, Glenda, Tiff's kids. There's still a lot to do, and I'm not sure how we'll pay for it. But somehow it will all work out. I'm just glad to have as much finished as I do.

I've made a lot of cookie dough for neighbor gifts. I'm gonna make the kids get in an assembly line to put it all together. Maybe next weekend.

I'm not 100% sure we're going to have lights on our house this year. It's so stinkin' cold that I can't bear the thought of being on the roof. But when we clean up from Thanksgiving the tree is going UP!

We've already been listening to Christmas music for a month. This is generally a no-no at our house, but with so many of us singing in Christmas choirs, it was bound to happen.

And guess what? Spencer fixed the ballast in the kitchen, which we have been without for YEARS. Woot! It's light in our house!

Bring on the holidays!

1 comments:

Amy said...

You're hosting Thanksgiving? Dude. Go you!!!

As for lights, well you work at the greatest lights in the world, if your house doesn't have lights you'll get your fill at work. Right? Right? That's what I told myself last year....