Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Ten Days of Giving Thanks...Day Three

Today I'm very thankful for good friends.

Amy has a beautiful baby boy--have I mentioned that? :) Today she brought him to work so I could have some kisses. And yup, she lets me kiss and kiss and kiss. I'd probably kiss her cheeks, too, if it wasn't too weird. But I love her just that much.

My friend, Tahnee, said all the right things today when I was having a mini-meltdown. She is sarcastic and hilarious and sweet and good and spiritual--all within one wonderful conversation.

Over the past few weeks I've had some sweet, wonderful comments from nieces and "adopted" daughters and dear friends.

Tonight I pulled a meeting together to plan our ward Christmas party. The people who came to help were willing and happy and helpful. What more could I ask for?

I consider the ways that my friends have blessed my life, and this list could go on and on. Joanne taught me about being a safe harbor. Sylvia taught me about wearing your life out in service. Char taught me about listening and doing good just for the sake of doing good. Cathy taught me about loving someone the way the Savior would love them. Janet taught me about expecting the best from others. Charlotte taught me about being obedient. Sami taught me about sharing joy in everything. Mona taught me about loving with your whole heart. MaryAnn taught me about giving and giving and giving. Jen taught me about laughter in situations that might otherwise be very difficult. Stacy taught me about finding the good in everyone. Karleen taught me about living by faith. LouAnn taught me about accepting people just as they are. Brenda taught me about being comfortable in being confident. And this is just scratching the surface.

I have friends who are men, too, and they have blessed my life immeasurably, too.

The world is full of good people. Just keep your eyes open--they're probably standing right next to you!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Every time I read what you say you are grateful for, I sit back and say, "Wow. I'm grateful for exactly that, too!" Thank you for sharing!

The Vuki Family said...

Siiiiisssssster!

1 + 1 = 2

See I just taught you how to count by 1's. What would you do without me? I LOVE YOU SISTER!!!!
You've taught me how to laugh. Laughter is the best medicine of all. Thanks for being such a wonderful example!

Amy said...

Me too! And grateful to have a friend that makes me think if I don't go visit soon she'll die from the withdrawals. It's nice to be wanted - especially by someone you want to spend time with anyway!