Monday, November 23, 2009

Ten Days of Giving Thanks...Day Two

Today I'm really thankful for our home.

A couple of years ago, Em gave us a plaque that says "Our House Is Just a Little House, but God Knows Where We Live." Actually, we have quite a large home--larger than I want, really. But the sentiment is the same. Ours is a simple, humble home. I'm not a huge decorator (much to Ashtyn's chagrin), but we have some nice things. There is much work that needs to be done on our home (always!), but it is a good house. It is well-built. It is more than sufficient for our needs. And love is spoken here.

The times that I appreciate our home the most are during extreme weather. This morning we awoke to a beautiful marshmallow world. It was FREEZING outside. But the snow was on the individual tree limbs and the sun was peeking through the pink-tinged clouds. And THEN I got to work and found that some of the Christmas lights on the Plaza were on this morning. Glorious!

But it was freezing. Our heat kicked on automatically. There was hot water in the tank, all ready for our showers. The wind blew outside, but not inside.

I love home!

2 comments:

Coles Fam said...

Aundrea, I think this list is an awesome idea. I might have to steal the idea. You are indeed very blessed, and it's wonderful to see how you see God's blessings. It's a good reminder to me as well.

Jessica said...

I'm thankful for my home,too. It's good for me to know that home is anywhere the people I love are. You are part of my home!