Thursday, February 25, 2010

This Is How I Know

Spring is coming. I know this for a variety of reasons:
1. There were actual birds singing behind the Lion House when I walked past.
2. While it is still VERY cold, we have had actual glimpses of blue sky this week. Blue! Not gray or brown.
3. At the planter by my bus stop there are green shoots of some kind peeking out of the ground. Real life green!
4. The third quarter of school for our three younger children is halfway over.
5. The first half of school for Bri and Tay will be over next week.

And finally (and most importantly)--
6. My eyes itch so bad I'm ready to pull them out of their sockets. Do you know what this means? It means there is something in the air, irritating them. Which means SPRING!!!

The way I see it, spring is a sign that God's promises are sure. Because if there really is life after winter, what can't/won't He do?

I rest my case.

2 comments:

Amy said...

OK for the first year ever (although I know better because it's not May and let's be honest....it's not over) I might be on the "excited about spring" bandwagon. Yay for allergies!

Coles Fam said...

OK, so do you want to come here and check if spring is coming on our neck of the woods? I'm not sensing any of those things yet. Sigh. I'll be excited to hit forty degrees again.