Friday, January 28, 2011

25 Years Ago Today


25 years ago today* I was sitting in my high school chemistry class when the principal came on the PA system to announce that the Space Shuttle Challenger had just exploded during launch.  The Challenger had been a big deal on the lead-up because they were sending a civilian up--Christa McAuliffe, a school teacher.

My chemistry teacher looked dazed, and he said, "I'll be go to hell."

*How can I seriously be old enough to be saying "Twenty-five years ago..."?

3 comments:

Amy said...

25 years? Really? Hm. 25 years ago were you thinking "what does 'i'll be go to hell' mean?" cuz that's what I'm thinking....

Marianne said...

I totally remember sitting in my 3rd grade class in California watching that happen on tv. I can't believe it's been that long already! Thank you for the reminder.

The Vuki Family said...

25 years ago I was 6 years old... DANG Sister YOU'Re Freakin' OLD!