Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Trying Not to Sweat the Small Stuff

At work, our department was split into two departments a few months ago.  There were three floors occupied by the one department; now they are combining the two departments, which means that all three floors are being remodeled and everyone is getting moved.  I am staying on the same floor; but since it is being remodeled, I had to move out of the way.  I am in a window cubicle during this week. 

I packed all of my stuff into bins to transfer it to the new digs.  Since I'm only going to be here for a week, it seems silly to unpack, just to have to pack again a couple of days later.

Only it feels like I'm sitting in my kitchen in the middle of lunch.  Quel disaster!  And when I leave this cube, I walk into the thick of the re-construction--quel disaster!

The truth is that there is nothing I can do about it.  Whining doesn't help, obviously.  But I find myself taking large breaths, several times a day.  I think I'm a nut job.

1 comments:

Jodi Orgill Brown said...

You are not a nut job at all! :) A change is as good as a rest, right?? But it still means a change that we have to adapt to, temporary situations, things out of our control... We know the drill, but sometimes it still seems like you have to live in survivor mode to get through it all! Good luck!