Monday, January 31, 2011

Something I'm Really Good At

R comes to my desk and says, "J tells me I'm supposed to be using this form now."  I've never seen the form.

I nod confidently.

"Is it OK if I input my own dept ID and account code information?"

I nod confidently.  And smile.

"Do you still want me to attach my itinerary with all the flight information, even though it's not on this form?"

I nod confidently.  And smile.  And say, "Yes."

"I knew you could help me.  I just don't want to mess anything up."

I nod confidently.  And smile.  And say, "Yes.  Absolutely.  All is well.  You are welcome."

Am I a good faker, or what?

4 comments:

Amy said...

It's unfortunate that "good faker" is not an appropriate resume skill. However, isn't it nice to know that people come up with good ideas for what they should do all on their own? They just need someone to nod & smile at them so they realize it was a good idea.

Jessica said...

Haha. I agree with Amy. In fact, it was probably your confidant nod that gave him the ideas in the first place. :D

Coles Fam said...

Ha, ha. You crack me up. So if I ask you a question, am I going to have to wonder if your faking? ;) Just kidding.
And ditto Amy, too.

Ann said...

Here's the thing. People WANT you to be confident in that situation. So see? You're providing your fellow man with an important service. Well done!