Friday, August 5, 2011

Twenty-three Years

That's how long it's been since I owned a bed that belonged just to me.  That's how long I've been sharing a bed and a bedroom with my best friend.

That's how long it's been since I spent every weekend hanging out with my girlfriends.  That's how long I've spent most weekends with the same one person.  Who is NOT a girl.  At all.

That's how long it's been since I was NOT temple endowed.  And that's not even CLOSE to how long I hope to spend with my family.

That's how long it's been since I lived with my parents, my three brothers, and my sister.  That's how long Spencer and I have made a home together.

That's how long it's been since I worked at the yogurt shop.  That is also how long I've had recurring dreams that I can't remember how to put the yogurt machine together.  And there are customers in the store.

That's how long it's been since I earned my Associate's degree.  It's also how long it feels till I finish my master's degree, but that's a different story for another day.

That's how long it's been since I saw most of my single's ward friends.  Are any of you Citrus Heights 6th Ward circa 1986--1988 people out there?  Thought not...

That's how long it's been since I kissed anyone goodnight at the door.  Well, I mighta done that since 23 years ago, but if I did, I continued kissing him THROUGH the door.  And down the hall.  And into the bedroom.  (Hey!  Mind your own business!)

That's how long it's been since I had to eat macaroni & cheese, hot dogs, or bread & gravy.  And I've never missed them.

That's how long I've been sweeping and mopping my own floors.  Anyone wanna take over the next 23 years?

That's how long it's been since I wore a size 5.  *sigh*

That's how old Spencer was 23 years ago today, when we were sealed in the Oakland California temple.

Twenty-three years is a long time.  Twenty-three years was yesterday.

1 comments:

Kayla Stober said...

I love this. You guys are so great together!!