Thursday, September 29, 2011

Hugely Disappointing

Spencer was up sick all night and ended up at InstaCare this morning.  He has been diagnosed with a terrible infection, which is going to make him miserable for several days (in spite of the antibiotics). 

Most importantly, though, it is going to preclude him from running the St. George marathon this weekend.

You might say, "Oh, there are lots of other marathons."  If you are saying that, you clearly have neither trained for a marathon nor prepared mentally for a marathon.  For the latter, timing is critical.  For the former, timing is EVERYTHING.  The two combined?  Well...

Needless to say, my sweetheart is one sad runner, which is adding terrible insult to the proverbial injury (or illness, as case may be).  Being sad myself is nothing compared to when the people I love are sad.  *sigh*

4 comments:

Amy said...

*groans from NSL* I am so so sorry!

Briana said...

That majorly sucks! And we dont say that word at my house, ut thats what it is! I is sowwy daddy! I hope you feel better soon!

Jessica and Tim said...

So stinkin' lame. I once screwed my knee up before a half marathon and I ended up having to drop the race. I'm not as die hard as your sweetheart and I was totally ticked. I feel for him.

Coles Fam said...

So stinky! I'm sorry he's sick. I hope he feels better soon.