Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I'm a Snob

There are two women who I share a wall with at work.  Since it's cubicals, I'm using the term "wall" very loosely.  These two women speak with outdoor voices, especially if they are talking to someone out of state.  It's like they don't believe their voice could carry all the way to INDIANA, so they have to yell to make themselves heard that far away.  This irritates me. 

I also get irritated with them when they discuss issues which should have been discussed behind closed doors.  They may not have walls and doors, but there are offices and conference rooms all around which can be used.  Once I was so uncomfortable with a conversation that was happening that I interrupted one of the directors (who was in a meeting with some other directors) so he could come make a suggestion that they move.  It was embarrassing, and I wonder where their brains are!

However, the thing that bugs me the most is that they CONSTANTLY talk with their mouths full of food.  It's so gross!  They talk to one another, and they talk on the phone with their mouths full.  Sick!  Imagine if you were calling from INDIANA.  Wouldn't you be 1) grossed out that they are chewing and talking in your ear, and 2) feeling unimportant because they didn't even bother to swallow before chatting with you?

In the end, this is my problem, not theirs, I suppose.  I need to not let these things bother me.

But ew!

That is NOT my favorite!

2 comments:

Kim and Preston said...

:) You always make it so I can visualize what is going on. I think it is a problem with manners.

Marianne said...

I love this post! I love seeing this human, snobby side of you! It's wonderful!! ;D