Thursday, December 29, 2011

There Are Times When I Can't Wait to Be Just He and Me

Landon and Taylor are tired of this trip.  They want to go home.  Taylor is quiet about it.  He just sits like a bump.  It bugs me.  Landon, on the other hand, is very vocal about it.  It bugs me more.  Today I told Spencer we should just let them go home.  They are going to leave in the morning.  Is it bad that I'm kinda relieved?  The girls are opting to stay.  I'm glad they want to stay, but frankly, it would have been OK if they wanted to go home, too.

We planned to spend today in San Francisco.  We got on the freeway at 12:50 p.m.  Since it takes close to three hours to get to SF and park, we didn't have a lot of daylight time.  We had a nice dinner together at Wipe Out on Pier 39.  We looked in some shops.  We didn't go to Fisherman's Wharf.  We didn't go to Alcatraz.  We didn't go to Ghirardelli Square.  We didn't really go anywhere, because nobody can agree.  We did drive over the Golden Gate bridge and take the northern route home through wine country.  It was actually a really fun time together, but it seems a shame to go to San Fran and not get to see much of it.  The kids thought it was great, though.  They'll tell their friends they went to San Francisco (which they did), and they will feel great about that.

On the flip side, my sweetheart took my hand in the car.  Have you ever noticed how sometimes that is all you need?

2 comments:

Jodi Orgill Brown said...

I just want you to know how much I have loved all your recent posts. I loved thinking about "It's a Wonderful LIfe", reading about youre temple trip, and finding out more about your family. Thanks for the beautiful and fun updates. All my best to you and yours this season!

Kim and Preston said...

Yes I know that feeling. Most times it makes it all better! I remember going to San Francisco with my parents. I should have been better...i am sure I will get pay back one day.