Thursday, February 9, 2012

Because Sometimes I Just Need to Talk

I will be finished with my 2nd term of my MBA by this weekend.  Do you know what this means?  It means I finally passed that killer Financial Analysis class!  Yes, let's.  Celebrate, that is.  I think today I'm gonna make a cake.

I had a big argument with myself.  It started last night.  It continued this morning.  I won.  I'm home for the day.  Lest you think this is FUN, let me tell you about my laundry room.

Never mind.  It's too depressing.

The countdown to Bri's mission is now LESS THAN one week.  Six days.  I wouldn't say I'm scared or nervous or even sad, but I'm not sure I'd go straight to EXCITED.  How do I feel?  I don't really know.  Ask me in a week.

My sweet aunt used to send little treats in the mail (when our kids were little).  My favorite thing she ever sent was a clipping from the funnies.  It was a haggard mother, picking up all kinds of stuff.  It said, "Trying to clean the house while the children are awake is like trying to brush your teeth while eating an Oreo cookie."

That was my favorite, until yesterday, when she sent me an M&M t-shirt.  Yes, I'm wearing it all day.  Thank you, Auntie!  (This shirt may or may not have pushed me over the edge for staying home today.)


By missing work today, I'm missing my weekly opportunity to fix the world.  That was part of the argument, too.  I will miss you, my friends.  The t-shirt won.

My boss gave me the kindest, most thoughtful gift as a thank you last week.  I don't even know how it came up, but I told him in a conversation about a book that several people had recommended but I had not gone to buy.  The next day he put it in my hands.  I'm really touched by this thoughtful gesture.

I need to be more thoughtful.

I think we're gonna try to go to Hawaii next month.  We're such jet-setters...

(Hi, Sami!  Are you there?  Are you alive?  Are you loving it?)

Loves to all!

3 comments:

Amy said...

1. I miss you.
2. 6 days? I'm crying.
3. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! (on the class)
4. I love Dean. What's the book?

Kim and Preston said...

Aundrea you will be missed but I understand. I am glad that you received that book. Can we come to Hawaii with you??

Coles Fam said...

Hawaii!! How so exciting!