Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My Cup Runneth Over

Surely agoodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

Last week when we were at the Jazz game, I did so much laughing with Landon.  For a moment he laid his head on my shoulder, and I leaned against his spiky faux-hawk.  :)  Spencer took my hand as we were leaving the arena, and I just felt completely overcome with love and gratitude.

Ashtyn is my helper in my Primary class each Sunday.  She often helps to answer the questions, and she has WONDERFUL answers that are relevant for the children.  She helps them walk reverently down the hall to Sharing Time, then she walks reverently to her YW class.  She often shares with me the lessons they've had, the discussions they've shared, or the thoughts she's had while reading her scriptures.  I call it our Seminary Time, and she is such a blessing to me!

I'm not sure what's up with Tay sometimes.  He (and the others) are ALWAYS in my heart and in my prayers.  I am not afraid to ask them about their lives, but I know there are many things that I just don't know.  Anyway, lately he will walk up to me and just grab me in a huge embrace.  He tells me he loves me and I tell him I love him more and I'm so proud of him and so grateful for him.  Sometimes we talk after that, and sometimes not so much, but it is sheer joy to be in the arms of my man-child, just because sometimes he needs his Mom.

Today Breezy called from the Denver airport.  She is on her way--as I type--to the mission field in Indiana.  She was sad to leave the people she had come to love in the MTC, especially the sweet sister who let them teach her the gospel.  She's been taught and led and blessed.  She was also really excited to be out and put it all into practice.  She is humble enough to recognize her weaknesses, but she has confidence in the Lord and in herself and her testimony.  It's a marvelous adventure, and she is ready for it!
How did I get so blessed?

0 comments: