This morning while getting ready for work, I started thinking about the "cool" things I've done. Here is a list of some of my coolness:
Ran a Ragnar relay (or three)
Ran a 5K (or 2 or...)
Scuba dived. In the Caymans. And Cozumel.
Had a baby without any medication at all.
Swam with dolphins.
Saw the Dodgers play.
Was the president of an organization (or two).
Earned a bachelor's degree.
Flew first class.
Sang with an exceptional choir.
Sold a story to a magazine.
Had the lead role in a play.
Visited our nation's Capital. Twice.
Visited the prophet in his office.
As I was thinking through my life for what could be classified as "cool," I thought, Huh! Those are all cool things by the world's standards, but they aren't even the most cool things I've done. So here's more.
- Got married. To the right man. In the right place. Stayed married for 24 years (and counting)...
- Had 4 babies. Doesn't matter how medicated I was, I still got them here.
- Sang "The Wheels on the Bus" HUNDREDS of times.
- Fixed a special dinner party for my very own family using my very own china (thanks, Mom and Dad!).
- Loved lots and lots and LOTS of kiddos!
- Found satellites in the sky.
- Went to temple dedications. Went to temple open houses. Went to the temple.
- Taught classes. Mostly religious, but also pre-K and elementary school-oriented.
- Rode in cars, vans, motorcycles, buses, trains, airplanes, ships, boats, roller coasters, horses, mules, and a zipline.
- Played the piano, both privately and in public.
- Cared for babies and old people. Sometimes simultaneously.
- Have opened our house to many, many people (and loved it).
- Sewed clothes, tied quilts, canned fruit, made bread, grew vegetables.
- Sang at a funeral without crying.
- Attended cheer performances, soccer games, lacrosse games, basketball games, choir performances, youth conferences, swim practices, debates, graduation ceremonies, YW and Scout awards nights, and missionary training center farewells with our children.
- Have--along with Spencer--taken our children to baseball, basketball, and soccer games; plays; concerts; malls; museums; friends' homes; family's homes; shopping; nice restaurants and not-so-nice restaurants; Disneyland; church; the temple; hotels; Mexico; camping; hiking; photo ops; movies.
- Led my family down a mountain while singing. (One of my favorite memories)
- Driven across Nevada. DOZENS of times.
- Went to Disneyland several times and DisneyWorld once.
- Spoken in public.
- Given hugs and shared tears and laughed and laughed and laughed.
- Have NOT been fired from a job. Yet.
- Have made friends from other countries.
- Have met people who I am convinced were friends of mine before this life.
- Read THOUSANDS of books and articles and periodicals. Also cereal boxes and road signs.
Well, the list could go on and on and on. What a remarkable life I am living!