Thursday, September 17, 2009

As My World Turns

Yesterday was the prime example of one of my days, which happens all too often.

6:00 a.m.--Get the kids up for prayer. Potty break, visit with Mr. Toothbrush, get dressed, pull my hair up (it was beautiful, let me tell ya!).

6:30 a.m.--Leave to take Landon to the orthodontist. Read 1/2 an article in a magazine in the waiting room. Have an impression of my teeth taken for a new retainer (to replace my 7-year-old one).

7:30 a.m.--Leave Dr. Curtis's office to take Landon to the middle school.

8:15 a.m.--Walk in to tell the attendance secretary where he's been, wave goodbye (because 12-year-olds don't want kisses at school). Go home and take a shower, do my makeup, and change into work clothes.

9:30 a.m.--Drive to work.

10:00 a.m. -- 4:15 p.m.--Work. Lots to do. It's all good.

4:30 p.m.--FINALLY get out of the office and walk to the car.

4:50 p.m.--Drive through at the bank for cash to give the hair stylist. Drive directly to Chelsea's.

5:30 p.m.--FINALLY arrive at Chelsea's house for a haircut. Relax for a few minutes while someone else does my hair.

6:15 p.m.--Leave Chelsea's and head straight to South Jordan Middle to pick up Landon from lacrosse practice. Drive Landon directly to his YM activity (do not pass go, do not collect $200). Go home and honk the horn to pick up Ashtyn. We go to Macey's together for a few groceries.

7:30 p.m.--Take the groceries in the house, drop them on the counter, and sit down to inhale some fatty food, because we are STARVING!

8:00 p.m.--Do the dishes. Quickly, before Landon calls for a ride home! Put on my running clothes and shoes. Log Ashtyn into the safety-locked computer so she can do her homework.

8:30 p.m.--Not fast enough! Landon calls. Pick Landon up at the church and take him on his promised outing to Iceberg. Enjoy a few quiet (as quiet as it ever gets with Landon) minutes (in my running skirt) with our wonderful son. Eating ice cream. A small one, because sometime tonight I still need to visit Nutrimirror.

9:30 p.m.--Pull into the driveway at the same time as Spencer and Briana. Gather everyone for prayer. Give Landon permission to stay up and work on his homework.

9:40 p.m.--Leave for the 4-mile run I promised myself I would do today. Run (relatively speaking) up and down Wood Green. A lot.

10:30 p.m.--Arrive home. Kick off my shoes and socks. Take some clean clothes into the bathroom and clear off my side of the bed so Spencer can go to sleep. Go into the living room and stretch. Visit Nutrimirror for today. Play a couple of games of wind-down Solitaire. Go into the bathroom and shower. In the dark. Because it's too late to turn on a bright light. Sleepwalk to the bed.

11:30 p.m.--Try not to fall asleep while I'm praying. Say, "amen," and fall asleep without even thinking about it.

Today? My eyes are puffy, my brain is slushy, my muscles are tired. And the remainder of the day looks quite similar to yesterday...

Thank goodness for busy days and nights--and for a healthy body that allows me to do it all!

2 comments:

Jacqueline said...

HOLY COW! You put my day to shame! Ugh. I feel like such a slacker now. LOL. You need to take a break, go get a pedicure and sleep for at LEAST 8 hours! Oh, and don't worry about puffy eyes; I think you're beautiful no matter what you look like. :)

Amy said...

I can't believe you did your 4 miles after that day! You rock. And you looked totally unpuffy today I'll have you know.