Monday, September 14, 2009

Bad News...and Good News!

I specifically asked Brother Brisk if I had to attend ward council with this calling (activities committee chairman). He said no. I was glad.

Turns out he lied. I may never get over that betrayal!

I can't decide which is worse: the 11th floor or Ward Council. The dentist, for a root canal, is better than either one of them. Other than that, I have no feelings or opinion on the subject.

The good news is that I got to spend an hour and a half in nursery yesterday. Livvy sat on my lap and barbecued me some delicious Legos with ketchup and mustard. Everyone else played dodgeball against me and Briana. Jojo let me tackle her, which led to some munching (sorry for the "cherry pie (lipstick)" on her cheeks, Lara!).

And THEN I got to go to Primary, where the kids had made me and my counselors each a wonderful card. They also gave me chocolates (which I ate one of and shared the rest--sharing is good) and lots and lots of hugs. And I only cried a little bit. Which is good.

And I finished proofing my manuscript (I won't tell you what it was, because that would be a conflict of interest. But it took me over a week to spend a grand total of 3 hours on the proof. That either tells you something about my life or the book. Or both.).

The end.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Mostly good news! Yay for you1 :)

Amy said...

PS if you came to my ward there would be 4 nurseries for you to pick from. And they'd be relieved to have someone who wanted to be there. *sigh* unbalanced wards.