Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A, This Is For You In April 2012


Today is Tuesday, April 12, 2011.  This is a picture of me and where I live on the 11th floor of the COB.  Don'tcha wish you were here?

There are some things I love about my job.  The main thing I love about my job is DJ.  I think he trusts me, so I learn a lot of cool stuff from him.  We also have gospel discussions that touch and bless me.  I try to do what I can to make his crazy work life easier, but I'm not sure how good I am at it.  When I interviewed for this job he said, "Your goal will be to take care of those piles of papers."  Those piles are higher than ever, with more to spare.  *sigh*  Today I made him promise to come in by 7:30 a.m. so I could have the first half hour.  That half hour determines what I do for the entire day; and the past 10 or so work days have been very, very slow.

So slow, in fact, that I've watched the job postings pretty closely.  At a time when I was feeling calm (a week and a half ago), I let my dream job (copy editor, Friend magazine) go by without even applying.  However, yesterday I applied for a Senior Executive Assistant position, because you told me that it was better to apply and then decide (if necessary).  I doubt anything will come of this, and part of me doesn't want anything to come of it, because--

Another thing I really love about D is his flexibility with my time.  If I take a long lunch or a late lunch, if I am helping with a bridal or baby shower, if I come in early or late, if I leave early or late, if I go to Hawaii or Disneyland or whatever, he doesn't care.  He'd pay me for it if I would allow my integrity to fly out the window (which I won't).  That's a good reason to stay, don't you think?

Shall I tell you who is working where?  SC is BR and GM's admin; SG is GB's; PM is working with the O&M group; I am with DJ and JC.  HR and Finance are part of both TSP and MFD; everyone else is MFD (at least on this floor).  Our HR department consists of GM, RO', EF (but we already know she'll be gone, because she's gonna have a baby in 4 weeks!), KB, and DM.  And you, of course, work at the reception desk.

You are leaving me in just a few days to start work at Beehive Clothing.  I am very, very excited for you.  I sincerely hope this is going to be the greatest. thing. ever.  But since I kinda sit here all alone, I will miss you terribly.

On a personal level, our oldest daughter moved out 2 weeks ago.  By April 2012 I hope our son will be on a mission.  And our next daughter will be a senior--what is that going to mean?  Will she be healthy enough to have had a real school year?

I came home from Hawaii a few weeks ago.  I wish I was back there for another week or two.  :)  In two days I'm going to Disneyland with the WJHS choirs, and I'm looking forward to that.  In June I'm running the Ragnar Wasatch Back.  In December we plan to spend our last Christmas together (before T's mission) with my family in Sacramento.  I would love it if I had a cruise in the works by April 2012, but I doubt that will be the case.  :)

I am in my horrible, awful Marketing class (which I hate) in the first section of my MBA.  I had hoped to move a lot faster than I have in obtaining this degree.  So in a year, will I be nearing completion?  I just don't know.  But I really hope so!  Even if I do, what is that going to mean?  I don't know that, either.  If I know by April 2012, that will mean a HUGE step for me.  If not...meh, so what else is new?

Tonight I will try to come up with an Honest Plan-It for you.  For now, good luck in your new job, and I'll see you for lunch in a year!

Aundrea

1 comments:

amb said...

Aww! Thanks! I have my goals now as well. I cannot wait for April 2012!! I think good things are in store all around!