Thursday, April 21, 2011

What Don't You Love?

Remember that job I applied for in a fit of boredom?  Well, I got a call (while we were in Disneyland) to interview for that job.  Yesterday was my first day back at work.  I came back to 200 emails and an interview in an hour and a half, please.  I interviewed with two people, and I think it went OK.  One nice thing is that I was very calm.

I have some skills tests I have to take.  I'm a pretty decent beginning-to-intermediate user of the software, but some of the harder stuff stumped me.  Don't they know that the real users just keep playing or using the Help button until they figure it out?  And it takes more than two tries, for heaven's sake!

Today I had the marvelous opportunity (yes, I am being facetious here) of taking a talent survey/interview.  It was hard.  It took an hour.  It made me feel very self-conscious about myself, and not in a good way.  It made me feel like I will never have a chance of going anywhere.

Good thing I like it here...

5 comments:

Tahnee said...

What! I need more info on this. I'm IMing you tomorrow.
PS... I like you!

The Vuki Family said...

Sister,

Let me begin by saying how wonderful I think you are! You're one of the most talented people I know. May I suggest a quote during the times that you don't feel quite up to par?
"YOU are the only ONE who sets YOURSELF up for failure!" Having said that, don't second guess yourself, because what really matters is that I know that you're fantastic! No one could have asked for a GREATER sister. Did you know that I requested to have you as my sister in the Premortal Existence? Wow I am one lucky girl! Love you! Muah!

Jodi Orgill Brown said...

Those who love you, love you just the way you are, and those who don't love you simply don't know you well enough. Even if this job doesn't work out, you are still great in every way! (Talent surveys, like IQ tests, do little to determine your real worth, which we all know is PRICELESS!) :) Have a great weekend!

Marianne said...

Oh Aundrea, you make me laugh. You are such a good example to me and I'm so glad to know you!

Ann said...

You're totally wonderful.

Keep us posted.