Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A Flood

The time is long overdue for a massive flooding of the earth with the Book of Mormon. 
Ezra Taft Benson

In case you didn't know, this past weekend was General Conference for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I am a member of this church.

At our Church's General Conference this weekend, President Dieter F. Uchtdorf said:

The Lord expects the members of His church to open their mouths at all times, declaring his gospel with the sound of rejoicing…We have a glad message to share; we have a message of joy… When [people] asked us how our weekend was, we tried to skip the usual topics like sports events, movies, or the weather, and tried to share some religious experiences we had as a family over the weekend; for instance, what a youth speaker had said about the standards from For the Strength of Youth or how we were touched by the words of a young man who was leaving on his mission or how the gospel and the church helped us as a family to overcome a specific challenge we had…This often would lead to more indepth discussions…
Monday morning I had my weekly scheduled phone call with my school mentor.  The conversation started as it always does, "How was your weekend?"  Because I tried (with a desperate prayer for courage!) to follow the counsel of President Uchtdorf, I had the best conversation I've had with my mentor since I met him several months ago.

I have also had several sweet conversations with friends at work over the past couple of days.  We all work for the Church; we all share the same values as members of the Church.  But we strengthen each other as we share our experiences, our beliefs, and the things that we know. 

Dear friends, there are many gospel-centered things that I know.  The most important thing that I know is that Jesus Christ is our living Savior and Redeemer.  He can heal you and me of our physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual ailments as we walk by faith in Him.  Let us flood the earth with His love and His goodness.

1 comments:

Tahnee said...

Oh Aundrea, how I love thee!!! You are one of my most favoritest people ever! Did you know that you bear testimony to every time I talk to you and you probably don't even know it. I always walk away feeling good. I hope some of that will eventually rub off on me :)!!!