Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Nothing is good after 15 minutes. Except M&M's

I had a meeting today that went WAY longer than it needed to. One person in particular took up a full half hour. Ugh.

This experience has led me to consider what--if anything--is worth staying longer than 15 minutes for. Seriously.

Most sporting events are divided into 15 minute (or shorter) periods.

I can shower AND shave in 10. My hair takes longer, but I don't think it's worth the wait.

The prophet only speaks about our eternal salvation for 20 minutes at a time. That's worth staying for.

Dinner is worth staying for. Especially if there's dessert.

Sharing Time lasts 20 minutes max. I hope that's worth staying for, but some days--I will admit--it's just not worth it. For me or for the kids.

Space Mountain is worth the wait. The Matterhorn definitely is not.

Nothing at any store is worth that kind of wait. Especially on Black Friday.

Olive Garden is worth the wait. That might be the only restaurant worth waiting for (for me).

The temple is worth the wait.

Any vacation is worth waiting for. I will wait a half hour or more for a good play or concert--but then I can usually break it up with good conversation and a snack!

Maybe I should have brought M&M's to the meeting today...

3 comments:

Amy said...

If we're being honest - you should bring M&Ms to that meeting EVERY week.

Also, I think funeral potatoes are worth the >15 min. wait, BUT you don't eat them for more than 15 minutes at a time, because that's gross.....so I'm not sure it counts. Why are so many of these things food?

Jessica and Tim said...

Okay. That just made me laugh because I could probably guess pretty well as to who that person was, as long as it was staff meeting. I have been in so many meetings like that there. If you bring M&M's next time, start chucking them at people if they talk too long. It'd be a great deterrent.

Coles Fam said...

I do have to disagree with one thing. I LOVE Black Friday. I know, I'm weird. I love the rush, and it's the one time of the year I get a good deal on something I was planning on buying anyway. (The enjoyment, of course, is there only without kids.)