Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Happy Worth Day!

From Amy's blog:

I used to work with this lady named Kim and she thought it was unfair to only celebrate her kids once a year (on their birthday) so she celebrated their “worth day” every single month. She didn’t go all out or anything, no parties, cake, or favorite foods. Just a nice note with a candybar, or a phone call in the middle of the day saying “happy worth day, I’m glad you were born”. I think that’s nice.

I think today is a Worth Day for the following reasons:

1. It is no longer Tuesday.
2. Ashytn rode 20 miles yesterday, in spite of fighting the worst cold ever.
3. Lisa performed a marvelous solo piano recital yesterday. So much fun!
4. Karleen's daughter is going to graduate!
5. We've killed three GINORMOUS flies in our office today. And, believe it or not, I got the last kill--all by myself!
6. It's spring. Best. Spring. Ever.

Let's celebrate!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Make that 4 dead flies! I just hit something (other than the wall/desk/table/husband) with a fly-swatter for the first time in my life! Woot!

wjmom said...

Holy cow! This is a day for celebration! Congratulations!