Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Play Nice!

Remember when you had those car fights when you were kids? Mo-om! Brant's touching me! What was Mom's answer? 99% of the time the answer was, "Play nice!"

One day when I was teaching preschool, one of the little girls came up to me and said, "Teacher! Amanda looked at me!" It happened to be a field trip day, so about 8 moms were sitting there snickering and watching me to see what I would do. I rolled my eyes, looked at that dear little girl and said--you guessed it--"Play nice!"

Every Tuesday I come out of staff meeting frustrated. This team undermined that team. The other team didn't communicate with us. He's pointing his finger that him. That tool doesn't fit what I'm trying to do with my people. I do this, he does that.

Seriously? Just play nice!

1 comments:

Amy said...

Amen. Also, "grow a pair!" [pardon my french]