Monday, May 11, 2009

My Mother's Day





This is what I received for Mother's Day:
The Christmas lights FINALLY got taken down from the roof!
Our family got out of bed early yesterday morning so we could go to Temple Square and take some family pictures with the spring flowers. Aren't these pics great? Everyone got along fabulously, and they even offered to go the Music and the Spoken Word with me. Believe it or not, I said no because the pictures and our sacrament meeting were more important to me--but I would have LOVED to have gone to M&tSW.
Bri got me the DVD of "Sleepless In Seattle," my favorite movie. Taylor wrote me a poem and gave me some M&M's. I'll share the poem tonight or tomorrow. It was sweet. Ashtyn made me 15 coupons for nice things to do for me. She chose 15 because she is 14 and a half; so she rounded up and made a coupon for each year of her life. She's also making me some flowers for my hair. Landon also wrote me a poem. Spencer gave me a lovely card and some flowers.
Spencer's sister, Jenny, hosted a lovely Mother's Day meal for the entire family. She's an incredible, talented, giving woman of faith. She sent me home with M&M's, and Whitney even bought me some Rocky Road ice cream--just for me! Wasn't that sweet?
Sacrament Meeting was lovely, too. No guilt for me! :) Lisa Montgomery (Bri's friend) was my favorite speaker--she was darling about moms and about her mother. I got to take the sacrament and listen to our Primary children sing. What could be better?
It was a great day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these! You have a beautiful family. What a great Mother's Day:)

Amy said...

Those are fabulous pictures! Who took them? Tripod? I'm impressed.

*sigh* when I've been a mom as long as you, I hope I get a mother's day this grand.

Jess said...

Great pic's. Your family is so beautiful. You done good girl! And after the stories from last Saturday...you've done better than good!