Monday, May 24, 2010

Dear Kathryn Stockett

Do you ever Google your own name, just to see if anyone's talking about you? Well, if you do, you'll find me. Unless you get stuck at Katie Couric. Whatever.


Let me just say that "The Help" was wonderful. For me, it wasn't the kind of book that is I-can't-put-it-down-ish or even one that makes me say, "That was the most beautiful word picture ever!" But it was thought-provoking, funny, poignant, and very well-written. Now I wish I had gone to The King's English to hear you speak earlier this month.

You should thank my friend for recommending this book to me. I recommend it to everyone else.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Amen! That's exactly how it was.

Kim and Preston said...

I just read that book too! I loved it! Thats so funny that we were both not able to put it down - I actually could only find it on CD but I could not stop listening to it:)