Monday, May 24, 2010

No Good Title

My husband was born on a lovely spring day, 45 years ago today. His birthday never falls on Memorial Day because if it is a Monday, there is still one Monday left in the year. Every other year, his birthday is within days of Memorial Day, which is fun because we can make it a long, fun weekend to celebrate. We nearly always have a barbecue for his birthday. Sometimes we invite all the family to come barbecue with us.

This year we will not be barbecueing for two reasons:

1. Spencer will be in school tonight. We ended up celebrating his birthday kinda all weekend. He and I went on a date Saturday night. We had dinner at his parents' home yesterday, and we came home and he opened his gifts.

2. It is snowing. It is SNOWING! It is May 24th, and it is snowing. Big, fat, fluffy snowflakes are calmly floating from the sky. But I am not calm because IT. IS. SNOWING.

If it snows on my birthday, we're moving to the equator. Or the sun.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Happy BIRTH-DAY dear Spen-cer......(long dramatic pause....are you feeling the pause?) Happy biiiiirrrth day TOOOOOOOOO (insert an over dramatic yet beautiful vocal run here) you!

If you move to the sun I will cry. Because the sun is as far away as the south pole as you can possibly get, right? Rude.

Jess said...

Merry Christmas....I mean Happy Birthday Spencer! Have a nice night at school. Lame :0 )

Jessica said...

Good Happy and Amazing Birthday to my good,happy, and amaaaaazing uncle! I love you!