Saturday, August 28, 2010

I'm Impressed

Last night my brother came into the upstairs portion of the house.  I could see that he was tense.  He said, "If L and K want to meet at the football game, would you call that a date?"

You don't live with 3 brothers, a sister, and/or 4 children without learning that often you are going to have to justify your answer.  And sometimes I dread having to try to justify the answer.  So I took a second to think, cringed, and said, "Yes, I think so."

He said, "OK then!"

I am impressed with my brother.  He had, apparently, been having words with their oldest son and was looking for some validation.  He didn't really need my validation--he already knew the answer, and he was holding the line.

He was being a responsible father.

I am very impressed.

***

Right after my brother said, "OK then!" his wife walked into the upstairs.  She said, "What's going on?"  He replied, "L is grounded for a week.  He's being a fart about this."

She responded, "OK," and she shrugged her shoulders as if to say, "It is what it is."

Maybe she knew the entire situation--I don't know.  Whether she did or did not, there was no hesitation on her part to back my brother up in this.  It was the right thing to do.

I am impressed with my sister-in-law.

2 comments:

Amy said...

:D I think I should live with you so someone would be impressed with me. Just sayin'.

Becky said...

Good job ya'll. Can our kids really be this old?