Wednesday, August 4, 2010

My Prayers Are Getting Longer

The "please bless" list has been growing. It includes families we love whose marriages are struggling (4), family members who are looking for employment (3), people we love who are seriously ill (3), and family members of friends who are seeking heaven's help (presently 2). It includes all of our parents and our grandparents and our siblings and their children and THEIR children. It includes our own children (a lot of this!). It includes our own concerns, including housing, employment, callings, and parenting.

And THEN we start the "thank Thee"s. After all of the "please bless"-es, the "thank Thee" list is enormous. We can blink. We can run. We can walk. We are healthy. We are safe. We are wealthy. We have a home. We have FOUR vehicles! We have good employment. We can learn. We have the opportunity to learn. We have marvelous families: parents, grandparents, siblings, nieces and nephews, aunts, uncles, and cousins. We have wonderful, wonderful children. We are surrounded by temples. We have the priesthood in our home, held worthily by 3 men. We have dozens--maybe hundreds!--of friends, neighbors, and co-workers who bless us daily. We have the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. We have the atonement of Jesus Christ. We have the sky and the clouds and the rain and the sun and the flowers and the grass and water and the mountains and the desert and the ocean. And to put a cherry on top, we have a doofus dog who makes us laugh.

Do you ever feel like you could kneel down, and by the time you got up it would be the end of the day and time to kneel down again?

3 comments:

The Vuki Family said...

We all knelt in prayer the other night and I was asked to pray. Well after all of the asking and thanking I closed and Nio says "Mom next time could you pray a little shorter, I'm tired?" He doesn't quite get it yet. Love you! Thanks for your prayers!
--Tiff

Bow Baby said...

Mom. I love you and I'm so very gratful that you are my mom. I am so blessed that I have you as my mom. I love you so very very much! I hope that you have a good day at work. Can't wait for you to be home! Lots and Lots of love!!!!

Ashtyn

Suzie said...

That was so good to here Aundrea. It's so true...What a blessing prayer is in all our lives! :)